While this class is currently full, we will be relaunching additional sessions in the future.
Sawubona is an African tribal greeting which means: “I see you.” “I value you.” “You are important to me.”
This is a woman only group that seeks to:
- Help women to live within their own realities — both current and past.
- We challenge each other to name and process emotions.
- We refrain from giving advice and instead, ask each women her next steps.
- We believe that our emotions, our stories, and our faith are all interconnected.
- We help women to not feel alone.
- We hold space for women who have this inner judge that tells them that they are worthless and unworthy of connection.
People are not too much in our group….their past is not too much, their emotions are not too much, their present circumstances are not too much, their doubts are not too much. We are learning to hold space for one another and are not afraid of what a person might share. We seek to be patient with our group members, not rushing ahead with trite words or phrases.
As a group, we choose one word to study each year and within that safe environment, the group steps gingerly through the material balancing the theory and the application in their lives.
The group opens in January and closes in March of each year. Only 2 misses are allowed.
If you are interested in being considered for this type of experience, you can submit an application by completing the Contact Form on our website. Please be sure to specifying your interest and what you hope to gain in the “message” section of the form.